August 8, 2012

EXPERIMENTATION

Wednesday Evening

15 minutes on the arc trainer + 15 minutes on the spin bike = 309 calories burned and a sweaty girl :)

Tonight I created the experimental dinner that was going to be last night.

Roasted Tomato Zucchini Quinoa
-roast slices of tomato + zucchini in the oven drizzled with EVOO and sea salt
-cook 3/4 cup of quinoa in 1 1/2 cups chicken broth on stove top
-chop tomato + zucchini and stir it into quinoa along with chopped basil
-dash in pepper and white pepper
-top with over-easy egg


I had NO IDEA how this dinner would turn out. But I had a bunch of zucchini and tomatoes and basil that needed using. I really wanted one of our lovely eggs from the farmer's market. Also I wanted to try this mixed quinoa. So I made up this whole idea and crossed my fingers!!


It was MAG-NIFICO!!!! The egg completely made this dish, but even as a stand alone the quinoa was great! Look at that beautiful yolk...
I am so happy right now :)

Off to enjoy the glorious evening by going on a walk with my momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment