August 5, 2012

TUNA TETRAZZINI

Sunday Evening


Ai yi yi between whacking tennis balls and chucking discs my right shoulder is gonna kill tomorrow! I definitely didn't win a single thing today, but I had a great time :) Zach and I played a good 40 minutes of tennis followed by an hour of disc golf. It wore me out! (and made me hungry)

Soooo on to dinner! Tonight was kale chips + tuna tetrazzini.
The kale chips were the normal standby.
-Wash kale
-Tear into pieces onto baking sheet
-Drizzle with EVOO
-Sprinkle with sea salt
-Bake at 400 for just a few minutes
-Serve with ketchup :)
The tuna tetrazzini is actually a recipe for chicken tetrazzini that is straight out of my recipe file box. Good old-fashioned notecard recipe.

Ingredients:
-1 can of cream of mushroom soup
-3/4 cup water
-1/2 cup parmesan cheese
-2 TBS parsley
-1/4 cup chopped red pepper
-8 oz. spaghetti (I use whole wheat) cooked and drained
-2 cans (4.5 oz) chunk chicken breast (or tuna like me)
Check out that beautiful block of parmesan cheese!

Directions:
-Heat soup, water, cheese, parsley, peppers, spaghetti and tuna in a saucepan over medium heat until hot and bubbling.

Wow. That was difficult huh?

Delicious/healthful/easy What more could you want?!

Dinner was photographed here:
And consumed here:
I am alone for awhile, so Gladiator kept me company while I ate!

Enjoy the rest of what's left of the weekend, back to real life tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. ive been wanting the details on how to make kale chips - do you have to use EVOO?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olive oil is not completely necessary, but it does help it crisp up a bit and the fat from it = more flavor (less bitterness) in the kale chips. But you could also spray them with non-stick spray for the crisping without the fat. I'd recommend seasoning it with something though- sea salt, paprika, garlic salt, shredded cheese...anything to help flavor the kale!

    ReplyDelete