August 23, 2012

WHERE ARE THE NOODLES?

Thursday Evening

Have I mentioned that I love when I can get supper partially ready during nap-time? Cause I do. :)

Today at nap I got dinner all prepped and ready and had it in the fridge so that all I needed to do was pop it in the oven! After work I went for a 40 minute walk with Mom and enjoyed the continually nice weather. I have been outside a lot this week and am so thankful!

When I got back I poured myself a glass of tasty Cab Sav and sat down to a Skype date with Kori while waiting for Zach to get home.
His girls had a game tonight and they lost unfortunately, but it was to a really good team and Zach said they had played the best yet, so that's good! Then it was time to pop my pre-made dinner in the oven :)

Eggplant Manicotti
During nap-time I sliced an eggplant super thin and laid the strips on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Sprinkled with salt + pepper and coated in cooking spray and baked in the oven at 450 for 20 minutes.
While that was baking I combined in a bowl:
- 1 cup fat free ricotta
- 1/4 cup chopped basil
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
and I layered 3/4 cup of organic marinara sauce (Muir Glen- the best!) in the bottom of a baking dish.
After the eggplant cooled some, I spooned some of the ricotta mixture onto each slice and rolled them up. Placed in the baking dish, covered with more marinara, then topped it all with 1 cup of fat free mozzarella + 1/4 cup parmesan.
Cook in the oven at 450 until the cheese is bubbly and you have a tasty, healthy, pasta-less pasta dish!!

 No side accompaniments tonight, this was the main dish and veg all in one :)
Mmmmmm!!! Chopped a 900+ calorie dish down to under 300, always a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment