August 15, 2012

TIGER GIRLS

Wednesday Evening

Gorgeous day out today! Went walking with my momma on the Greenway for a nice 40 minutes after work. Then I was off to see Zach's girl's soccer team play their first home game. Verdict? 5-0 US!!! Our girls are 2-0 now :) Hoping the boys do well at their first game of the year tomorrow! Which happens to be a home game, so I will be there cheering them on.

Food tastes better when other people cook it. So my food tasted better tonight because ONCE AGAIN it was not cooked by me. I seriously need to stop telling you guys I am fixing dinner because I think I am jinxing myself. Tonight this really was unexpected though. One of Zach's soccer girls' mom brought us dinner to take home and eat after the game. It was really thoughtful of her!! We had quite the gorgeous, middle-Eastern spread.
 Okay, so I have no idea what anything we ate was, but it was all SO. Delicious. I will try to give my thoughts of what each one may have been. This brown stuff tasted like possibly lamb? With lovely spices and some type of red pepper or chile pepper. The green sauce was definitely made with cilantro! It reminded me of a cilantro pesto. Maybe made with yogurt?
 This was some type of chicken on a rice that reminded me of vermicelli. The rice had raisins and carrots and had great seasoning (cumin was most definitely involved!) I drizzled more of that fabulous green sauce on this too :)
 This was almost dessert-like. Some type of crispy, hollow bread thing with honey. Kind of reminded me of a layer of baklava (without the nuts and other stuff).
 Last but NOT least (because this was my favorite) was this stuffed tortilla type bread.
 Stuffed with peas and potatoes and loads of flavor!!
Whew I am stuuuuuffed. But happily so :)

I am not saying I am fixing dinner tomorrow because I don't want to jinx it (but i really do think i'm fixing dinner tomorrow.)

Watching the OLD Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with my love. I used to watch this all the time as a kid. I have always adored Grandpa Joey, such a sweet guy. Have a great evening wherever you may be :)

*OH MY WORD! Just realized that Grandpa Joe is the voice of that terribly mean Amos Slade in the Fox and the Hound (another of my favorite childhood films). Amos is the one who owned the dogs Chief and Copper and always wanted to kill Tod the fox. Mind blown*

No comments:

Post a Comment