August 7, 2012

THE ODD COUPLE

Tuesday Evening

Poor kitties were NOT happy about going to the vet today. They were howling, growling, shaking and the likes. It took a good several minutes to wrestle them into their cages! Sad little babies :(
At least they are all vaccinated for another year!

Stellar gym time tonight! Did 40 minutes on the treadmill - ran a mile, then did the rest at an incline and came away with 518 calories burned.

My dinner plans kind of changed. I have decided to save my inventive idea for tomorrow night because  tonight I had to fulfill craving. A craving for...OATMEAL!! Haha, you thought I was going to say something unhealthy didn't you? :) Since I have been fruiting it up for breakfast every day I am totally missing my morning grains and it's become unbearable. So tonight was "favorites" dinner night- oatmeal for the main event and brussels for the veggie!
I know that sounds like the oddest combo in the world, but hey, it's still perfectly balanced :) And more than that, it tasted delicious! The brussels were roasted sans anything. No salt, no EVOO, nothing but a side of ketchup, yet still oh-so-good.
The oatmeal was 1/3 cup oats to 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk to 1/4 cup water and a pinch of salt simmered on the stovetop until thickened.

A whole diced apple went into the mix. Absolutely love my apple master for things like this. What would take me several minutes to peel and core and slice and dice an apple takes mere seconds!
Also into the pot at the veeeery end of cooking: cinnamon, apple pie spice, vanilla, TBS PB, raisins, flaxseed.
Toppings: honey, pinch of granola, sweet and salty mix, 1/2 cinnamon graham cracker, baby spoon white chocolate wonderful.


What a supper :) Now spending time with the one I love most!

1 comment: