August 24, 2012

TROUT FOR LUNCH

Friday Afternoon
If my mom saw a picture of my lunch, she would understand my title before I even explained it. :) By trout, I really mean hashbrowns! I know, you are thinking "Jordan, those two things have nothing in common!" Yeah, I'm aware. But when I was a kid my Mom would make hashbrowns by grating up a potato and cooking it on the stovetop. For some reason I thought that it looked just like the trout they grilled up on the camping trip in the original Parent Trap movie. Don't ask me why. I don't even know if they actually show the trout in the movie or just refer to it, but for some reason this is what my imagination dubbed Mom's potatoes as :)
I have not had home-made hashbrowns in ages, but I had some red potatoes on their very last leg and decided to go for it!
Shredded them up with a grater, cooked on the stove, salted and peppered and served with ketchup! I associate hashbrowns with breakfast, so an omelette was in order!
Egg white omelette with green peppers, mushrooms and FF mozz cheese to be exact!
I like breakfast for other meals :) All the pictures kind of make it look like a rainy, gloomy fall day but it's really a beautiful summer afternoon!
*Side note, while I was taking my lunch pictures the mailman pulled up and I was embarrassed to be photographing food on a rock so I scurried inside and hid until he pulled away...

Today was time for a ZWOW!!! My first go at ZWOW 22.
-On the minute burpees (4 reps)
-Chair jumps (30 reps)
-Chair pushups (30 reps)
-Tricep dips (30 reps)
-Sumo Squat Jumps (30 reps)
-RDL Squat Twist (30 reps)
Do this whole thing just once, but you are doing burpees 4 times every minute on the minute. It lasts over 20 minutes and this is a loooot of burpees!!

Creating puddles in my living room....whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment