August 4, 2012

THREE SISTERS, NOT THE CEREAL

Saturday Afternoon


It is really coming down at there right now! How is it that we manage to have beautiful, hot, sunny weather all week long until it comes to Saturday?! Luckily that didn't matter because Zach and I have gotten quite a bit accomplished so far today as well as having some fun :)

The farmer's market was both hit and miss this morning. I found a few things that I was very excited about but sadly there was a lot of produce that wasn't there. (Good thing Whole Foods was in the very near future)

Next up was the gym where I did 30 minutes on the elliptical (283 calories) and 20 minutes on a spin bike (144 calories). I was kind of lacking energy- I think it had been too long since that apple!- but I pushed as hard as I could.

Finally it was time to head to Indy and lunch! 3 Sisters Cafe was our destination. Zach and I love this restaurant for their commitment to healthy, fresh, (often local) ingredients with comfort foods made from scratch. I ordered the salmon salad: tomato, cucumber, avocado, goat cheese and a grilled salmon filet on greens with a side of 7 herb vinaigrette. 
I have had this salad before and it is heavenly. The salmon has such a tasty crisp on it, the goat cheese is phenomenal, LOVE the mixed greens and if only I could replicate the vinaigrette...

Zach got the 3 bean soup and the D'NAI sandwich: slow-roasted fresh ham with low-coutnry braised kale and pepper jack on a french roll.
The bites I had of his were heavenly as well :)
Whole Foods was our final stop where I stocked up on ingredients and then we drove home in a monsoon. Luckily made it here safely!

No comments:

Post a Comment