August 4, 2012

GOAT CHEESE STRIKES AGAIN

Saturday Evening


I wasn't thinking when I ordered my salmon salad at lunch (with goat cheese) about the fact that dinner was including goat cheese tonight!! Luckily I happen to love goat cheese :)

Dinner tonight came in two parts. We had a special worship service at our church this evening to celebrate having been a church for a decade! I wasn't hungry for a full dinner beforehand, but wanted to eat something so I decided to have the sandwich part before and the veggies after!

Goat Cheese + Fig Jam Grilled Sandwich
In a bowl I mashed together goat cheese (4 oz), honey (about 2 tsp.) and lemon peel (1/2 tsp). Spread it on Ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread, topped with fig jam, added some basil and grilled it on the stove top!!
 Lovely basil from the farmer's market :)
 It's not burned, it's just the raisins get really dark when you grill this bread!!
 Innards
 AWESOME!!!! This sandwich was both sweet and savory and had incredible flavor. The basil was a particularly nice touch.

After arriving home a couple of hours later (and having a brief walk!) it was time for dinner part II- brussels sprouts!

Since brussels sprouts are basically a bunch of tight leaves, I thought it appropriate to use my leaf bowl :) It has already been TOO LONG since the last time I had some. I just love brussels so much that I really do believe I could eat them every day... (with organic ketchup that is!)

Now time to snuggle with my love and watch a classic, Titanic!

*OH! Forgot earlier to mention the most exciting thing we saw on the way home from Indy today! There is a shopping area called Hamilton Town Center that's only about 35 minutes from our house and they have a new store coming THIS fall. EARTHFARE!!!! I am STOKED! Earth Fare (for those who may not know) is a healthy supermarket, not unlike Whole Foods, that is supposed to be awesome. I have never been to an Earth Fare but I have heard all about them and I am so excited to visit this one. I am really hoping we fall in love with it because it will be the closest health food store to us by far! Both Trader Joes and Whole Foods are a good hour or more away. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment