June 3, 2012

AND THAT'S IT!

Sunday Afternoon


I have come to the conclusion that I am very spoiled to have a husband who always goes grocery shopping with me. Having someone else to push the cart, help you locate things, run back two aisles to grab something you forgot, reaching things off the highest shelves... It took FOREVER to get all the groceries by myself today!

I knew I wanted to go to the gym as soon as I got back but I would need a little bit of fuel first. I didn't want to eat something at home right before I went, so I picked up a bar at Whole Foods to eat on the way home. It's a brand that's new to me called That's It. that makes fruit snack bars. I got an apple + pear bar and guess what the ingredients were? Yep. Apples + Pears. And that's it! ;) It was a good sized bar, only 100 cal, 3g of fiber and had a nice chew to it. I wouldn't eat them all the time because I prefer to just eat a real piece of fruit, but it was great for a car food!



When I got back I quickly unpacked the groceries, threw on workout gear and headed back out the door to the Y! Did a hard, sweaty 35 minutes on the arc trainer and burned 460 cal- I was PUSHING it.

Came right back home for the second half of "lunch?" or whatever it is today. Half a mashed banana spread on two organic brown rice cakes (one with a tsp of Trader Joe's valencia, one with a tsp of Justin's chocolate hazelnut butter).

So far my food today has been basically all fruit! Need to get some veggies in this evening :)

I thought maybe you would like to see what my Whole Foods haul looked like today. Some of the things we buy weekly like all the fresh produce, but there are also a lot of pantry staples that I bought today that will last for a looong time. Of course every week there seems to be different pantry staples that need replenishing! Not to mention new brands to try ;)

Pantry Staples
From left to right, back to front: (everything is organic)
WWflour, veggie crackers, round crackers, cinnamon graham crackers, blue corn tortilla chips, snapea crips, ketchup, mustard, black beans, honey, low-sodium soy sauce, white chocolate wonderful, chocolate hazelnut butter, unsweetened applesauce, unsulphured molasses, gourmet sea salt, red quinoa, arborio rice, whole wheat rotini, brown rice crackers.
*Normally wouldn't buy so many crackers, but they are to serve as sides for the dips I bought yesterday!

Fresh Produce
Red leaf lettuce, green leaf lettuce, spinach leaves, green pepper, white mushrooms, red grapes, blueberries, asparagus, jalapeño peppers, poblano pepper, onion, bananas, white peach, tomato, zucchini, avocado

Other Stuff
Frozen broccoli, sprouted buns, shrimp, unsweetened almond milk, fontina cheese, goat brie, manchego cheese, truwhip, neufchâtel cheese, rosemary
*The truwhip and neufchâtel are both to make a dip with

So that was today's trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment