June 15, 2012

SHRIMP AND PEPPERS

Friday Evening


Gym time: Our entrance has been repaired! So all was well and turbo kick was held in the group exercise room per usual. I did 45 minutes of a new session called Round 39. There are different rounds that we learn and do for a few months (the other ones I know are Round 49 and Turbo Sport) and the whole 45 minutes is choreographed. While I have no natural rhythm, I am very quick at learning choreography and good thing since I was in the very front of the class tonight! I rather enjoyed Round 39 :) We did 5 minutes of abs after.

Weight: 115.1!! Wow, lowest yet! :) I will take it!

Tonight's dinner was inspired by a recipe in "Easy Dinners, Healthy Recipes" called Sautéed Shrimp with Peppers. I made it just like the cookbook said....except completely differently...
During nap-time I cooked up 3/4 cup of wild rice to serve with my dinner. Also chopped up red pepper, green pepper and onions. Shrimp was thawing in the fridge all day.
*side note on rice: most of the time it is a 2:1 liquid/rice ratio for cooking. Such as today I cooked up 3/4 cup of wild rice with 1 1/2 cups of water. You could use varying liquids such as chicken broth, veggie broth or whatever to flavor it differently.*
When I got back from the gym the peppers and onions with some garlic went into a skillet. Got the tails off the shrimp and then tossed them in the skillet as well and cooked until they were opaque.
Took my pan off the heat and stirred in some orange marmalade, soy sauce and hot pepper sauce. (Just kind of made things up as I went along.)
Layered the mixture onto wild rice, topped with toasted sesame seeds and served with asparagus!

This was a fantastic dish!! It was just like an Asian creation- but with all the fried and sodium!!

The wild rice was a surprisingly nice touch as well!

Off for a walk and some Friday night relaxation with that man I call my husband :)

...back to add that Zach and I had lovely half hour walk around our pretty neighborhood. Love having sidewalks to walk on and attractive houses to gaze upon!

No comments:

Post a Comment