June 5, 2012

BROAD RIPPLE BREW PUB

Tuesday Evening


Gym

30 minutes on the elliptical for 313 calories burned!

Weight: 117.0

Fun

Got to have dinner with a friend in Indianapolis tonight!

Meet Jami :)
Jami and I only get to hang out once in a blue moon because we are both SO BUSY all the time going in completely different directions. But whenever we do get a chance to catch up we never shut up!

Dinner was at a restaurant new to both of us: Broad Ripple Brewpub. Picked largely for it's awesome vegetarian options!!
There were a few TONS of things I wanted to order off this menu, but I finally made my selection with the Porta-Pepper Pita: Slices of marinated and grilled portabella mushroom, fire-roasted red bell pepper, basil hummus, lettuce and tomato wrapped in a grilled pita. Upgraded to a side of veggies to replace the potato chips it came with ;)


The basil hummus was FAN-TASTIC!!! Though there was waaay too much in there, scraped about half of it out. I ate my veggies and one of the pita halves. The mushroom was seasoned so well and I wanted to eat a whole bowl just of portabellos!

Also ate two bites of one of Jami's vegetarian tacos, they were great!
It was so nice to get a chance to hang out and catch up and hopefully it won't be three months before we get to do it again! ;)

{Edited to add}
Chocolate Banana Boat with peanut butter for an evening treat :)
Stuffed a banana with vegan carob chips and stuck in the oven until melty.
Spoon out with a baby spoon with a bit of PB and smile.

It may look a little...questionable...but trust me, the only thing you will question is why you haven't tried it sooner! (Unless you don't like bananas. Then don't try it.)

2 comments:

  1. It was soooo delicious!! Also, I look CRAZY in the first picture, but normal in the second one. haha I hope people keep scrolling so they know I dont normally look like that!

    ReplyDelete