June 22, 2012

O'HARE

Friday Morning


Hello and good morning from the Windy City!!! We are currently at a computer charging station at O'Hare on a three hour layover before catching our second flight.

Last night we had a beautiful sunset on the way to our hotel, a good omen :)
The hotel was just as we remembered from four years ago- spacious and lovely for such a good price!

Only downfall was the hordes of noisy teenagers on our floor. Even with our sounder going (I HAVE to have noise when I sleep and pack a sound machine on every vacation) I could still hear such a ruckus for the first two hours of trying to fall asleep. I felt like such an old person- I wanted to open the door and say "Kids! Quiet down! SOME of us are trying to actually get some sleep tonight!!!" Haha, but I kept the door and my mouth shut.

After some crazy dreams I woke up at 4:01am - 9 minutes before any of our three alarms went off. We got ready in a flash, not too terribly tired overall.

At the Indianapolis airport we hit a tiny snag when both of our bags were overweight! We took a bottle of wine out of one of the suitcases and then transferred some stuff from the other into it.
Easy fix, but sad to have to trash one of our $5 bottles from Trader Joe's ;) At least we got to keep one of them. It was either the wine go or the peanut butter and jam (yes, I brought organic peanut butter and jelly) and I was NOT giving up my PB & J!!!

We were not planning on eating the breakfast I brought until we got to Chicago, buuuut look what happened to my banana :/
Zach's wasn't much better off so we went ahead and ate them while waiting to board.

Our flight to Chicago was ridiculously short, it barely felt like we were on the plane at all! We entertained ourselves looking at all the hilariously ridiculous items in the SkyMall magazine. Seriously, who buys that stuff?!

Now just a bit more waiting before we board for a long NINE hour flight to Honolulu.

No comments:

Post a Comment