June 5, 2012

SWEET AND SALTY

Tuesday Morning


Had a great nights sleep and woke up ten minutes early because...it was an oatmeal kind of morning :)

Put...
-1/3 cup rolled oats
-1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
-1/4 cup water
-pinch of salt
-1/2 medium banana
all into the pot.

Added....
-cinnamon
-vanilla
-TBS white chocolate wonderful
-other 1/2 banana (the banana half put in at the beginning gets all whipped in and the second half stays in fluffy pieces!)
-flaxseed
at the very end of cooking.

Topped with....
-sweet and salty snack mix from the farmer's market
-baby spoon of chocolate hazelnut butter

It was a great bowl! Though not QUITE as spectacular as last weeks. I think while I like a bit of white chocolate PB on the spoon, when I mix a whole TBS in it doesn't make the oats as peanut buttery as when I mix in a TBS of just plain PB. Lesson learned!

The sweet and salty mix is seriously one of my favorite toppings ever. If it weren't so calorie dense I would probably shovel it into my mouth at a terrifying rate...

Oatmeal happiness...enjoy...




Got in my booty call for 30 minutes on the gazelle and am now looking forward to my half day this afternoon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment