June 21, 2012

LAST LUNCH

Thursday Afternoon


Last lunch at home for over half a month! That's such a crazy thought...

Really getting down to the bottom of the barrel refrigerator! What still needed eating: egg whites, green pepper, cheese, avocado, chorizo seitan, arugula. So an omelette was born!
Simply sautéed the green pepper and setian while the whites were cooking. Then stuffed them in the omelette along with some fontina + habanero cheese and arugula.
Slathered a bit of avocado on the top of it all and it made an awesome egg dish!

Of course you know I wish I had had mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, etc. to go with it, but for the final fridge ingredients it was stellar! Really spicy!! Only problem? SO FILLING! This omelette was stuffed to the gills and it sure stuffed me to my gills! I didn't even finish it. Too. Much. Food.

Did my best abs routine two times through for the last time this week- definitely glad I have been doing those every day! Also threw in another 10 minutes on the gazelle for good measure ;)

So as vacation got closer and I knew I wouldn't reach my lofty goal of 109 (not yet anyway!) I determined that I wanted to be UNDER 114.8. This is because that is what I weighed in June of 2010 when Zach and I went to the Caribbean. I remember being decently pleased with myself at that time but wanted to be lighter than that for Hawaii. Thankfully I was able to accomplish that and while I still have more I would like to do, I really am proud of how far I have come!!

Now for vacation health: I am going to be working out in the fitness center provided at our condo and we have lots of very physically active things planned. I want to eat/drink what I want and not feel deprived, but also make sure to maintain moderation.

When I went to the Caribbean 2 years ago at 114.8 I came home two weeks later at 122.2. Last year's vacation I started out at 125.2 (bad starting weight even!) and came home two weeks later at 130.5 (most I ever weighed). Now obviously I am not going to try to lose weight on vacation, and I even accept that I may put on a bit- but I don't want to gain back everything I have worked so hard to lose! So that is my goal.

1 comment:

  1. Eek! Vacations really can pack on the pounds, huh?! GOOD LUCK and ENJOY YOURSELF!!!

    ReplyDelete