June 4, 2012

SOUTH OF THE BORDER

Monday Afternoon


Life moves along at a normal pace when, suddenly, every half hour or so my stomach gets knotty and excited and anxious when I remember how close Hawaii is getting!!! (Forgive me in advance for the insatiable amount of Hawaii blah-blah-blah that you will see the next couple of weeks)

Trying to live in the present and not 18 days from now, I made myself settle down and fix lunch. Taco salads again!

Into my pan:
-mushrooms
-red pepper
-Italian seitan

Into my bowl:
-mix of spinach/green leaf lettuce
-cherry tomatoes
-avocado
-jalapenos (jarred)
-cilantro

Mixed the pan into the bowl and topped with:
-salsa
-a dollop of FAGE
-Xochitl tortilla chips


This may be my favorite way to eat a salad at home!!

It was good food AND good fuel. I needed good fuel since my afternoon workout was...
ZWOW 20! The newest ZWOW.
-20 side jump lunges
-10 forward backward burpees
-10 one leg dip jumps (each side)
-10 alt. double bridges
Do for three rounds as fast as you possibly can.

Those one leg dip jumps were crazy! Such small movement produces such good results :) And I KNOW my arms are going to be feeling those double bridges tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment