June 6, 2012

CRAZY FOR KEBABS

Wednesday Evening

Today at the gym... 45 sweaty minutes of sprint intervals. Ran 1 min/walked 2 min over and over and over until the last couple of sprints (over an 8.0!) had me feeling like I was going to fly off the back of the treadmill. Wore out by the end, but oh-so-glad I did it :)

Weight: 116.5

So, remember that chicken I had Zach buy earlier today? It was to make chicken kebabs! Chicken Fajita Kebabs to be precise.

Nap-time is ever useful for dinner prep. Today it was used to chop all the veggies and marinate the chicken.

I made my marinade by pureeing the following:
-EVOO
-handful of cilantro
-2 jalapeños (seeded)
-2 cloves of garlic
-salt
*note: DO NOT RUB YOUR EYES ANYTIME IN THE NEXT 7 HOURS AFTER CHOPPING JALAPENOS. OR DEATH IS CERTAIN.
Stuck the chicken cubes in a bag, poured the marinade in and allowed those babies to soak in the flavor.
Arriving home from the gym all I had to do was skewer the chicken along with some onion and poblano pepper and pop them on the grill.

Kept them basted with some lime juice.

My how I wish you could have smelled my grill while this was cooking!!

Alongside the kebabs green pepper, zucchini and a foil pack of mushrooms + last bit of red pepper was also grilling. Brushed with just a bit of EVOO and sprinkled with sea salt.


Foil packs are so convenient for small veggies that you don't want to slip through the cracks and become incinerated.
My plate was made up of two of the kebabs and a heap of veggies!


This was fantastic!! The marinade made the chicken so flavorful and moist and grilled veggies are sooo good. I wish it were summer all year round :)

We used the last of the leftover lemon yogurt sauce from last week's fish for some dipping!

Zach has informed me that he has surprise for us and we have to go NOW, so off we go!
(Have I ever mentioned how much I love surprises? :) Well I do!)

No comments:

Post a Comment