June 2, 2012

THE FIVE S's

Saturday Afternoon


-See

-Swirl

-Sniff

-Sip

-Savor
Did you guess it had something to do with wine?? You would have been right!! Vintage Indiana Wine Festival was where I spent my afternoon with Leah and it was fantastic!!


Today in downtown Indy there was a wine event featuring 26 different Indiana wineries with over 250 wines to taste!! The first 10,000 people got a free wine glass :D I love free stuff. The event was from 11am to 7pm and we got there shortly after opening and stayed right up until the end!
I had a total of...wait for it... 58 of this sized pours. Don't freak out though, it was over a SEVEN hour period! And the pours weren't even a full ounce. In fact, there were quite a few that were severely small... But then again there were a few that were very generous (such as the one pictured)!

After a bit of tasting we broke for "lunch" and I had a mac & cheese from a food truck. Tasty! Food trucks are all the rage right now.

Then moved on to more tastings...










We got hungry again and got a nice little cheese box with some crackers, grapes and meat. I had half of this!



Kept on tasting...



The highlights: a really flavorful catawaba (I LOVE catawba grapes in wine), a Vista Rose (bought a bottle), a true Rhubarb, one called Pasture's Mark that was JUST released today that was catawba meets port- an amazing flavor combination!! (bought a bottle of this also), Strawberry, a sparkling Razzy Apple, and a Lazy 8 Blush.

Could have bought bottles of each of these, but for the sake of my waist, my wallet and my wits I stuck with two bottles ;)

I will be the first to say how surprised I was at how many sweeter varietals I was enjoying today! I am typically known to go for drier wines but I think with the arrival of summer my palate is changing some!

There were lots of other booths where people were selling jewelry and trinkets and food products and we found this booth that was all DIPS.
Some were savory and you tried them with pretzels and some were sweet and you tried them with cinnamon squares. I had many dips into both savory and sweet and it was all soo good! Good enough I bought three different kinds to make sometime :)

It was a FANTASTIC afternoon!!!

2 comments:

  1. wish i could have joined! miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....sounds like you got quite a haul.
    Lovely pictures....it's almost like being there.
    I love the 5 S's.

    ReplyDelete