June 23, 2012

FULL OF FOOD TO FULL OF FITNESS!

Saturday Morning


Last night was the perfect start to vacation, but man I can't eat like that every night or I will be stuck wearing one pieces ;) Woke up this morning still full! We also woke up at about 3:30am here, but still got over 8 hours of sleep since we crashed at 8pm last night!! That's always what happens to us the first night in Hawaii, body clock is so off.

Luckily our fitness center opens at 5am so I ate breakfast:
 We bought a couple of bananas last night at the ABC store (convenience stores that are EVERYwhere here) to be prepared for this morning!

Then chugged some water and headed down to check out our "gym." It is pretty small and VERY hot in there, but it is sufficient! We have a couple of treadmills, a couple of bikes, free weights and a cross ramp. I had never used a cross ramp before, so I did 30 minutes on it this morning. It reminded me a lot of an elliptical and I rather liked it. Then I did some split squat lunges with weights and a whole lotta arm moves with 10lb. dumbbells. So much more challenging than my 8 pounders from home- I have GOT to buy 10lb. weights when I get back...

Came back up to our room to stretch and managed to coerce Zach into doing a round of the best abs circuit with me :D
A slight view of the ocean by early morning light off our lanai
Great start to our first full day in Oahu!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment