June 12, 2012

LISTEN TO YOUR CRAVINGS

Tuesday Evening


What happened at the gym tonight? 15 minutes of the elliptical (150 cal. gone) and 20 minutes of the arc trainer (249 cal. disappeared). That's what happened!

Decided I am not weighing again until Friday! It will give me an extra push through the week to see a good number :)

I sure am glad Zach and I are about to spend two weeks with no one but each other because I have NOT seen much of him lately! Last week was very busy going separate directions. Last weekend he was gone the whole time at a soccer tournament. This week he is busy almost every night with different soccer related things...

At least having to fend for ourselves for dinner means a few nights off of cooking! Instead I get to create weird dishes of different things to entertain my mouth. Tonight my brain had cravings pulling in a couple different directions, so I followed all of them :D


First craving: Brussels Sprouts
Solution: Tossed in a bit of EVOO with sea salt and served with (organic) ketchup.


Second craving: Jam + Cheese
Solution: Topped half an Ezekiel bun with Crofter's pomegranate, thinly sliced apple (green apple would have been best but I didn't have any!) and an ounce of fontina cheese. Rest of the apple went on the side
Put it under the broiler just until melty

Third craving: Egg
Solution: Fried up one egg and peppered it. Topped the other half of the bun with the fried egg and with a bit of mayonnaise.

I know you may be appalled at my odd combinations but this HIT. THE. SPOT.

The jam and cheese and apple combo was especially awesome.

What a great dinner :)


2 comments:

  1. Jam and cheese and apple... never would have thought of that!!! Sounds.. interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More than interesting- it's fantastic :) Combining sweet and savory can be such a good idea

    ReplyDelete