June 5, 2012

TAMARI

Tuesday Afternoon


My half day is starting a little bit later than usual today so I definitely needed a "spot of lunch" but not too much as I would be heading to the gym in just a few hours. After a little deliberation I settled on grapes and some veggies.

Sautéed my mushrooms, red pepper, green pepper and onion with a few drops of tamari sauce and some sesame seeds.
Last weekend I bought this tamari sauce as an alternative to soy. It has MUCH lower sodium levels and I found it to be completely comparable. We don't use soy sauce all that often and even with the low(er) sodium this still needs to be used sparingly but is great when you want some of that Asian zing in a dish!
Hopefully this was just the right amount to push me but not weigh me down!




During nap-time before my sub got here I cranked out one circuit of the best ab workout and did arms. (15 different moves of 10 reps each with dumbbells)

Half days are extra nice to have when it is so beautiful outside!!

No comments:

Post a Comment