June 23, 2012

WE MADE IT!!

Friday Evening


Hawaii!!! After a long day of flying (and entertaining our selves by: sleeping, reading, watching movies, playing games, talking, etc.) we finally made and thankfully our baggage did too :) We went straight to the car rental terminal and picked up our awesome bronze soft top jeep!

Then we navigated the crazy traffic to our condo where we toasted our arrival with a glass of champagne. (And then two more ;) )



We worked quickly to unpack- I like everything to have a specific place-and got ready for dinner.


By this time it was 5:30 here which meant it was 11:30 back home and we had not eaten since we polished off the lemon Larabar (good, but not my favorite) at 3pm!! We were starving.

Though I still had to pause and snap a few shots of Hawaii beauty before dinner...

Overall Zach and I do NOT go to chain restaurants very often, especially on vacation. We like to discover new places and local gems. There is a Hawaiian exception to this rule though: Cheeseburger in Paradise.

The first time I came to Hawaii (over 10 years ago) we did not even have Cheeseburgers where I lived so it was a novelty and it tasted amazing. By the time I came back we did have a Cheeseburger in Paradise, but the one here in Oahu tasted completely different! I told Zach before our honeymoon that we HAD to eat at cheeseburger because it was like a different restaurant and one bite in he knew I was right.
So this was our absolute first choice for our first dinner. Started with a mai tai...
I ordered the good old fashioned "cheeseburger in paradise" with fries and it was so. good.
 Dessert was a "Double Trouble" and reese cup minis :)

We plopped in the sand on the beach and watched the sunset and just soaked in Hawaii. Such a perfect start to what I hope will be a wonderful trip!




No comments:

Post a Comment