June 10, 2012

YOU SAY PUERTO, WE SAY PORTA

Sunday Evening


We have only a handful of local "gems." Puerto Vallarta is one of them! Puerto ends in an "o" but we all pronounce it PORTA for some reason... This is a Mexican restaurant with THE best cheese dip in the world. Not kidding. Whenever people move away Puerto is what they crave. When Zach went to college in Wisconsin for a year we had to eat at Puerto literally every time he came home.

We don't eat there often (this will be it's first blog appearance) because it is not exactly a...uh hum....health food place... :D It was a bit of a "last hurrah" dinner though because the next two weeks are going to be in over-drive healthy mode for Hawaii! I am normally pretty spot-on healthy during the weeks anyway but now to buckle down even a bit more I won't be having ANY drinks or ANY after-dinner snacks for the next 11 days!!!

So last hurrah dinner:
Margarita (first one of those I've had in FOR-ever!) It actually wasn't that great...too sickly sweet. I really am more of a wine person than anything!
Chips with salsa and that famous cheese dip

Cheese enchilada + Chicken soft taco














After dinner Zach and I went for a drive. We absolutely love taking drives out in the country and such. It's so nice to just chat and chat without all the technological distractions of TV, internet, etc. We found this lovely green corner by a bunch of fields out in the middle of nowhere off a gravel road.



We had not a single car pass the whole hour we were out on our blanket! We took some wine but after Zach poured our glasses I realized I was just DONE drinking after that margarita. So Zach had my glass too :)

For the end of our drive and my final "last hurrah" we shared a frozen yogurt sundae from IY.
DONE WITH THE FOOD OVERLOAD NOW.

Favorite memory of the night:
After creating raps about Hawaii during our drive (yes, we are nuts)
Me: "Don't you like the way I rhymed scenery with greenery?"
Zach: (totally serious) "Yeah! Kind of like how teamster rhymes with hamster!"
....well. I love him for things BESIDES his rhyming capabilities ;)
Now to watch The Iron Lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment