June 28, 2012

PEARL HARBOR

Wednesday Morning


Believe it or not, I missed our hot little fitness center yesterday!! So this morning I ate a banana:
Then headed right to work out. 30 minutes on the cross ramp, 1 best abs circuit and lots of arm toning moves with dumbbells later I felt much better :)

Then Zach and I took off for Peal Harbor. I did this when I was 13, but it was so much more meaningful doing it as an adult. It is so sobering to watch the video about the bombing and know you are standing right where such a tragic event took place.


After watching the video we headed out to the USS Arizona memorial by boat.





Seeing the wall of names of the dead and knowing they were mostly all younger than I am now is a tough thing to swallow.


The memorial is over the top of the remains of the ship and the oil still bubbles up to this day.
As we were leaving we saw two Pearl Harbor survivors signing autographs, so amazing to see.
It's a serious excursion, but one we are so glad we did!




No comments:

Post a Comment