June 8, 2012

HOME ALONE

Friday Evening


Once in a while it is nice to have a whole evening to yourself with no plans, no obligations, no distractions, just time to VEG OUT.

Zach left this afternoon and won't be back until Sunday afternoon. He is a coach for an off-season soccer team and they have their last tournament this weekend. Shortly after he left though I got a message telling me to check in a place with lots of HOPE and promptly went to our hope chest to discover a surprise!
He is too good to me :)

I am actually not so home alone, at least for tonight, because Grant and Leah are spending the night in our guest room! Leah's sister gets married tomorrow and my house is closer to the wedding prep and I am more than pleased to know other people will be sleeping in this house as well. They won't get here until late this evening though due to rehearsal and such. So for now I am soaking in the solitude!

Tonight was turbo kick at the gym!! Love my Friday night turbo classes :) They are so high-energy and different from any other type of workout I do during the week. Plus I always push harder when I am surrounded by people who are hard-core :) We did a tough 7 minutes of abs after.

Weight: 115.6

After a couple of nights of cooking dinner you had to know it was coming- leftovers! I heated up the second half of my portobello hummus pita from Tuesday night's dinner at Broad Ripple Brew Pub and crossed my fingers that the bread would not be too soggy/stale/crunchy.
There is a surplus of asparagus still in our refrigerator so I cooked up some of that for a side veggie.
Besides having to tear off an edge of the pita that about cracked my teeth, it held up nicely!
 *As a side note I have been reading the book Born to Run and it is incredibly inspiring! A quote from it that I loved today "You're tougher than you think you are, and you can do more than you think you can."

Now vegging out with some Lord of the Rings and a peanut butter nut cup frozen yogurt sundae from IY!
Besides missing my other half it is a perfect Friday :)

1 comment:

  1. Email me and tell me about this book--should I read it??

    ReplyDelete