June 7, 2012

EAT YOUR FRUITS AND VEGETABLES

Thursday Afternoon


It finally feels like this week is making some progress!! It doesn't hurt that each day has gotten nicer and warmer..

Lunch involved some of my favorite flavors!
Banana drizzled with honey and sprinkled with cinnamon served with a tsp. each for dipping of:
-maple almond butter
-chocolate hazelnut butter
-white chocolate wonderful
Raw veggies were served with some of that incredible basil hummus from Tuesday night's dinner at Broad Ripple Brew Pub. Remember how there was SO much of it? Well I brought home my other half of the pita (which had a ton of hummus in it) plus the hummus I scraped out of the half I ate.
-green peppers
-celery
-baby carrots
-tomato
Jazzed up fruits and veggies!



Work Out

Today my afternoon workout consisted of two rounds of the best abs circuit and whole lotta arm moves performed on one foot (really wish I had a boss ball for this). Doing weights on one foot is such a good core-strengthening workout! And who doesn't want a stronger core? I actually stand on one foot a lot (like while I brush my teeth, while I lead calendar in daycare, when I am chopping vegetables...). I know that sounds weird, but working on balance is key! Improving core strength means stronger abs, better posture, and helps develop the long-lean muscle look. There are lots of ways to work on stability (exercise balls are great for this) but standing on one foot is something you can do pretty much any-time, anywhere. A little bit here and there adds up to a LOT better balance.

Seriously. Try standing on one foot the next time you are in a checkout line or something and work on your balance. It doesn't have to be some awkward, over-exaggerated stance with your leg way up in the air; just lift one foot slightly off the ground and alternate checking out which leg you are stronger on. I happen to have WAY better balance on my left leg for some reason...

Organization

I have been wanting to have more of my staples that I use constantly out on display in an attractive manner for a long time now. After a little bit of grinding my gears this is what I came up with (for now) for the stove-top:
And this display for my bulk bin items:
I need more jars! Still things in my pantry that need a new home!

No comments:

Post a Comment