September 17, 2012

A MEAL FIT FOR A CAT!

Monday Evening

I did not feel like doing any form of workout this evening. So what do you think I did after work? Exercised of course! :) I mean c'mon I'm recovering from a cold, not dying... I did the Shred with Jillian DVD and even with having felt run down all day I could tell I am improving, a good feeling.

Zach's at soccer games this evening so I used up some leftovers for an easy dinner before Bible study. I heated up the last of the Caribbean rice with Red Beans and Chiles (that I had basically turned into risotto). I seasoned with red pepper flakes and cooked up one of my Coleman Naturals Italian chicken sausages to go in it.
Hmmm...let's try to get a photo WITHOUT Spooky nosing around in my food.
Better :)

I knew this would be a perfect combination and I was right! Especially after I added some organic ketchup... I'm strange, I know. :D
I think my workout helped me to feel even better and now I am looking forward to Bible Study! Though I do wish my hard-working husband could go!

{Edited to add}
When I got home and Zach and I were watching "Hunger Games" I got a bit hungry. Dinner was pretty small so I decided to get a snack but wanted to try something new. I took half a frozen banana and some frozen raspberries...
Threw them in a blender with a tiny bit of almond milk...
And made ice cream!!!!! All-natural, all-fruit "ice cream"!!
It was sooo delicious! Especially after I added a few vegan carob chips :)
I love this and have so many ideas in mind for other blended creations. I just know that strawberry/banana would be a killer combo...

No comments:

Post a Comment