September 11, 2012

RICE TO RISOTTO

Tuesday Evening

*11 years ago today I was in the 8th grade and couldn't fully comprehend the tragedy that was striking America. Today as I remember and feel for those who lost loved ones in 9/11 I feel so fortunate to live in a country that can count on one hand the number of extreme acts of terrorism in the past century. While remembering the angst we felt over a decade ago, don't fail to think of those who live in fear and shadow day in and day out.*

Pork Tenderloin with Raspberry Dijon Sauce and Caribbean Rice with Red Beans and Chiles
The pork tenderloins were from one of my Taste of Home Cooking Light magazines and the rice was from my new cookbook "Vegan Planet".
I made the pork exactly the way the recipe called. As for the rice I made it mostly the same but with one small change that I think was a big change! I didn't have basmati rice so I used arborio in place. I didn't really think much of it, but it should have been obvious what would happen....risotto! So my caribbean rice actually became caribbean risotto.

The rice risotto was good but it still needed spicing up so I added pepper flakes. The pork tenderloin needed nothing though, it was spot-on!

A delicious, healthy dinner and now I am watching Pocahontas, contemplating starting a new puzzle, wishing Zach were home and getting quite sleepy!

{Edited to add}
Had a bowl of one of the best treats ever while puzzle working-
Frozen grapes! I love that these taste like such a sinful, icy treat and are really a health food! #bestsnack

No comments:

Post a Comment