September 24, 2012

WHAT GOES WITH RHUBARB?

Monday Evening

Did my now-typical Monday workout after work, Shredding with Jillian. Into the first round of jumping jacks I felt that area on my left leg starting to throb, so I took it easy on that leg during all the cardio parts. Luckily the Shred is a combo of strength/cardio/abs and I still sweat a ton and got in a good workout.

I toiled and slaved away at nap-time creating.....
this masterpiece! A Rhubarb Lemon Coffee Cake from one of Taste of Home's Healthy Cooking magazines.


It was a little more time intensive than I was expecting but it turned out AWESOME. The one thing I did differently was to use whole wheat flour instead of AP flour.


I was going to make a breakfast meal to eat for dinner with the coffee cake but felt too full. So instead I paired it with the only other thing that made sense.
Yes, brussels. You know by now my professed love for the little green guys as well as my ability to eat them with literally anything.

I'll continue with my predictability for tonight and head off to my Monday night standard- Bible study!

No comments:

Post a Comment