September 19, 2012

IT FREEZES, IT THAWS

Wednesday Morning

A lot of extra sleep is always too much, but just a little extra sleep sometime? Just right! Woke up chipper (whatever that really means) and alert today. Which helped my half hour on the gazelle go by faster than normal. Isn't it funny how something that is always the exact same length of time can seem longer or shorter depending on so many factors?
Did you know that I always freeze my bread? I never used to do this until about 6 months ago. I think it all started when I bought Ezekiel bread from the freezer section and thought, "Huh. I guess it really is okay to freeze bread." I had always thought this strange when other people froze their bread and I think I believed it would compromise the quality or make it soggy when it thawed. Well let me tell you, it does not! 
See I like to have several kinds of bread on hand at once (sprouted grain bread, wheat bread, cinnamon raisin bread, etc.) but to have that in the pantry is just not plausible. Zach and I wouldn't even go through one loaf in a week, let alone three! Freezing them is the perfect solution. I just warm it up in the microwave for 15 or so seconds when I am ready to use a slice. Or on days like today when I make toast it can go straight from freezer to toaster! Freezing bread = genius. (And a money-saver).

Spooky and Cotton say, "Let us out of the porch so we can have some un-frozen bread!!"
 This morning I had a peach and slice of Genesis bread with butter. Look at the gorgeous grains in there. You KNOW you are getting some good fiber when you eat a slice of this!!

 Happy hump day!


No comments:

Post a Comment