September 22, 2012

SYRUP TELLS YOUR FUTURE

Saturday Morning

"I'm making waffles!" as said by Donkey in "Shrek"
 Today I did too; or at least I made ONE waffle. One delicious waffle with Maranatha PB, strawberries and maple syrup.
 Have I told you I really like this peanut butter? Oh, what's that? I've told you every time I posted about it? Well I am telling you again. :)
What mysteries does the syrup foretell?
I believe it is saying it is a slightly rainy, fall day. (Or at least that's what the glass roof of our porch reflected in the syrup is saying...)

Went to the gym this morning and hopped on the treadmill. I intended to run 3.1 today and the first mile flew by and I was doing great! By the end of mile one I was actually feeling pumped about the next two miles. By 1.3 my shin/ankle pain was creeping back. By 1.5 it was killer. I was so bummed and reluctantly took my speed down and walked at a 15 incline. After about 7 minutes of this it was hurting worse. Then I took my speed down more AND got rid of the incline and walked a few more minutes. I decided I was going to at least get 30 minutes done and by minute 29 had to step off. (Burned 300 cal)

Now I am home and it is still hurting :( I think I need to take it easy on my leg for a bit. I have no idea what I could have done, I have never had an injury before. It throbs like the dickens though (however much the dickens throb) and is highly uncomfortable. I guess I will be coming up with creative forms of exercise until it feels safe.

Well we have a fun day ahead and I will NOT let this bum leg ruin any of our plans :) I have the whole day/night to spend with Zach and it's time to be done blogging because I am not wasting another second of it! (Not that blogging is a waste, I love it!)

Have a great Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment