September 16, 2012

EGGSHELLS

Sunday Afternoon

Sorry I am posting late today! I have felt pretty miserable :/ Church was great this morning and despite a stuffy nose and cough I was feeling all right. After church Zach and I took off straight for Indy to hit up a newer Indy Monthly restaurant that is breakfast/lunch only so Sunday was the perfect day to go! It's called Eggshell Bistro and is fabulous!
It has such a unique interior that we fell in love with along with a great looking menu of food you can trust. By this point I was feeling a little worse, but figured I would be doing better after some lunch. We shared a lemon-blueberry muffin that was crumbly and tasty (especially the top part!)
For my meal I got the Caprese Stratta with a petite salad.

My salad was mixed greens with a balsamic and a poached egg. Perfectly poached I might add! The egg had a himalayan salt on top that was so great. The stratta was described as a savory bread pudding + egg with heirloom tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. Also great :)

Zach got some type of applewood bacon and sweet potato hash with poached eggs.
Of course I had some bites and enjoyed his almost as much as mine! We definitely give this place a thumbs up and saw several things we would like to try next time!

Unfortunately I was feeling even worse after lunch. We went to Whole Foods and stocked up on groceries for the week, which I am glad we did. By the time we got home though I was dead on my feet- sneezing, coughing, sniffling, headache, feverish, you name it...

I'll get up my dinner post tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment