September 26, 2012

SHRIMP AND GREENS

Tuesday Evening

Mom came over after work to have a little wine and play some games!
I had 4 4oz. pours total, so about 2 glasses. Mom beat me in Chutes and Ladders, but I claimed victory in Boggle and Bananagrams. (Won my Bananagrams with a puzzle built around the word auxiliary!!)

Dinner was an easy fix tonight- Shrimp and Greens soup!
 I sautéed up garlic + leeks in a bit of olive oil first. I had never used leeks before and I have only eaten them in general a handful of times; I really like them though! After a couple of minutes I added veggie broth, thyme, parsley and lemon pepper seasoning. Brought all of this to a boil and threw in 6 oz. of shrimp. I let it all simmer until shrimp turned pink and put torn up bok choy (my first time using this as well) in at the very end.
I really liked this soup! It was very simple but tasted quality to me. I know it looks a bit like there is grass floating in it, but don't be afraid!
Had a small bowl of frozen grapes at the end of the night and worked that puzzle to death; though it's still not finished...

No comments:

Post a Comment