September 4, 2012

NO BEER IN THE BEER STEIN

Tuesday Evening

Took my tired self off to the gym after work (along with "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire") and did 30 minutes on the treadmill at an incline (313 calories burned).

Zach is gone all night with away boy's games and I headed to Mom and Dad's for dinner! They just bought a new high-top table for their back porch and we enjoyed supper on the patio. What a lovely place to hang out :)
Mom made us cooked beets (don't knock 'em til you've tried 'em!), noodles romanoff (a classic and favorite in my family) and some type of crockpot pork in a delicious sauce.

I cleared my plate and had extra helpings of the noodles! Told you they're a favorite :) See the hot tub behind the table in this one?
That was my 14th birthday present that got tons of use during my high school years! Conveniently it is not really the type of present that moves out when you do... ;)

See this giant stein?
That's not beer in there! I have a little trick for when I feel like I want something sweet/flavorful but know that I don't need a snack- Mio water. Mio makes tons of flavorings to squirt into your water (doesn't take much at all) and I always have about 4 on hand. Then in the evening when I get munchy I make up this huge stein of water/ice/mio flavoring and make it last all night :)

Settling in with a puzzle and (what else?) Harry Potter and waiting for Zach to return!

No comments:

Post a Comment