September 29, 2012

KACY J'S

Friday Evening

Dinner date!! My birthday is next Tuesday but is going to be a pretty busy day. Zach says he has a birthday weekend planned, but it won't be for a couple weeks because of soccer season. So we decided to just go out somewhere for dinner around Muncie tonight to kind of take place of what Tuesday's dinner would have been. (So excited for my birthday weekend or trip or whatever he has planned though!!)

We went to one of our only non-chain restaurants around here- Kacy J's. Their food isn't amazing but it is still good and it is also pretty cheap! Plus it's a little airport and it is fun to eat and watch the planes fly in and out.

We shared a bottle of riesling:
It tasted extra crisp and delicious!

Then for dinner I got two things that are SO surprising for me, and one that's not at all. I ordered a FILET with a BAKED POTATO and mac and cheese. You can guess which one is not surprising ;)
I never get steak, you may remember my trouble with eating meat that I have always had and am very wary of ordering steaks. The good news is- this steak was great and so easy to chew!! Which is good since I ordered it mid-rare to get all that extra flavor! The baked potato is also something I never order places, I am just not a huge fan. I like the skin the best, haha weird I know. Tonight it just appealed to me though.

We had a nice time and Zach suggested a dessert later and I said NO THANK YOU! I think today has had enough in it! I am sure you agree :)

No comments:

Post a Comment