September 4, 2012

SWEET OR SAVORY?

Monday Afternoon

I keep wanting to type Sunday! So weird that this is a Monday. My whole week will be thrown off, not that I am complaining :)

Back on Saturday at Pappys Smokehouse Zach and I had got to talking to another couple in the enormously long line. They had recommended us a place to eat for breakfast/brunch if we had time. I didn't figure that we would have a need for that, but thanked them and filed the information away. Well today it came in handy!

After checking out of the hotel we found ourselves in a St. Louis suburb at City Coffeehouse and Creperie. A really cute little place with great crepes! Zach and I decided to order one savory and one sweet and of course share. We both got the organic buckwheat crepes so that at least part of the meal would be healthier :)

Zach ordered the PBB&J: peanut butter, strawberry jam and bananas.

His was good, but I liked mine even better! The Santa Fe: chorizo, pepperjack, avocado, tomato, cilantro, red onion, fresh spinach with Juan's house made rojo sauce topped with avocado-sour cream sauce.

A tasty last hurrah for Labor Day Weekend! Hi-ho, hi-ho it's back to Indiana we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment