September 15, 2012

NO EATING THERE TONIGHT

Saturday Evening

Zach and I finished the movie "Timeline" this afternoon and I had a teensy (literally) pour of Piesporter.
"Timeline" is based off of a Michael Crichton novel and was a great movie. It's an older one that I am just now getting around to. I love Michael Crichton's writing though, he was a sheer genius. Some other of his books turned movies you have have heard of- "Congo" or how about "Jurassic Park"? Ever heard of that one? Yeah. He wrote it.

When Leah got here I took her to Tonne for her first Tonne winery experience! We have been saying for ages that she needed to go and today was the perfect day for it.
We did a tasting of a few wines...
Then got a bottle of Chambourcin (my favorite!!) to share out on the patio.

We had some pretzels to keep us company along with a new friend we made who we discovered lives very close to Leah and we both have a lot in common with! Including friends in common.

Tonne was setting up for a wedding that promised to be very beautiful on this lovely day. Wish we could have stayed for it... :) Instead we left and drove allllllll the way to Perkinsville to go to dinner at an amazing restaurant- Bonge's Tavern. It is an incredible place out in the middle of nowhere. You would think since it is way out in the boondocks there would always be a table available, but they are highly popular and always busy. People go out and literally tailgate from their cars while they wait for tables. Well this evening we go there shortly after 6 only to be told they had a full waiting list for THE REST OF THE NIGHT!!! How crazy is it that they were going to be full all night? I'm telling you, popular place!

So we made the drive back to Muncie and debated what to do since nowhere around here is nearly as cool as Bonge's. We finally settled on Scotty's so we could sit outside on the patio. I had a white wine flight to drink:
Probably all three of these equaled a glass. I wanted chicken tortilla soup but they were out so I got chicken gumbo (only 90 cal!)
It was super, duper spicy. I decided to make a dinner out of sides, so along with the soup I got mac n' cheese and broccoli.
Mac and cheese is always a good choice. The broccoli on the other hand was sadly lacking. It was undercooked and tasteless and I think a bit past it's time...
After Leah went home I went to Mom's and got in the hot tub and finally after 11pm Zach should be home soon! I am beat, so GOOD NIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment