September 7, 2012

LETTUCE BUN

Friday Afternoon

Friday is chugging along! I had a busy morning with the kiddos, but I don't mind because it makes for a fast morning.

Question: What am I eating that I top with sicilian jack cheese, ketchup, mustard and pickles and wrap in a lettuce leaf "bun"?
Answer: Veggie Burger!
This was the last one of the Morning Star brand that we have in the freezer from my mother-in-law. They aren't bad, but they sure aren't Dr. Praeggers either! ;) While this was heating under the broiler, so were strips of red and green pepper. Broccoli was steaming in the microwave and then these three veggies came together to be topped with some Muir Glen marinara and red pepper flakes for a veggie dish!
This cheese cutting board is one of my favorite kitchen tools for both looks AND efficiency!
I love coating veggies with marinara. It is reminiscent of pasta (which I love so dearly) but with the obvious much lighter twist. You almost don't even miss the noodles! (Almost :) )
This lunch was fabulous!! I feel like I ate veggies and a meat, but really I just ate a whole load of veggies :D (with a slice of cheese thrown in...)

Afternoon workout = random movement! Jumping jacks, butt kicks, push-ups, walking around, jump-rope. Anything that gets my heart rate up is good :)

 Zach will be gone AGAIN late tonight but I've got plans at Mom and Dads, so it will still be a fun Friday night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment