September 18, 2012

VEGAN PLANET ROCKS

Tuesday Evening

A brisk 30 minute walk with Mom today on the Greenway. Brisk in both our steps AND in the weather. It is officially fall out there! We got sprinkled on a bit, but not enough that it mattered.

When we got back home I started putting dinner together for us + Dad. My parents ate at my house (I believe the second Tuesday in a row!) since Zach was gone at games. His boys won yesterday and his girls today by the way :) Had a couple ounces of Chilean Carmenere from a bottle we got at New Harmony.
Also for the second Tuesday in a row I cooked from my Vegan Planet cookbook! I am really loving this book. Tonight was Fusilli with Roasted Asparagus, Sun-dried Tomatoes and Pine Nuts paired with Sautéed Green Beans with Tomatoes and Garlic. I looked for both of these recipes online, but alas, no luck.



You will just have to take my word that not only was this all good for you, but it tasted good too! I especially liked the pasta. I used to never believe I could love a pasta that wasn't drenched in sauce or covered in cheese, but the healthier I eat, the more I find I love the simpler dishes that allow star flavors (such as the asparagus and sun-dried tomatoes) to shine!

My parents and I had a riotous time playing a fun, made-up game after dinner before they took their leave. Now I am blogging, watching Harry Potter (and the Prisoner of Azkaban) in my front living room (where we don't really hang out) because Zach has commandeered the main living room for some "guy time" ;). Guess I will have girl time with Harry!

{Edited to add}
I had girl time with Harry AND with a PB nut cup sundae!!

No comments:

Post a Comment