September 13, 2012

SPREAD

Thursday Morning

Remember when I said way back in August that I had ordered a surprise but you wouldn't find out what it was for a few weeks? (I tried so hard to find that post to link up to it but am not sure where it is!! Just take my word it was a long time ago!) Well now is the time.
These tiny little jars are incredible flavors of peanut spread (like a peanut butter). Here is how this all went down. Several months ago Zach was watching that show "The Best Thing I Ever Ate" on the Food Network and it was a peanut episode. Zach watched one of the guys on the show eat "white chocolate pretzel spread" straight from a jar with a spoon. He decided he MUST try this decadent creation and told me about it. We got on their website and were in awe of the crazy flavors but they are a bit pricey so we held off. In August when we had a little wiggle room in the wallet we decided to break down and order some. Only question was, what to choose?? After much debate and narrowing it down we got the following:
-Cookies and Cream Gourmet Peanut Spread
-Milk Chocolate Peppermint Peanut Spread
-and of course, White Chocolate Pretzel Peanut Spread
*These all have completely natural, whole foods ingredients

They took FOR-ever to arrive (not coming until the end of August) and I was surprised at just how tiny the jars were (especially for the price...). They were very melty and runny from traveling in the crazy heat, so I stuck them in the back of my fridge to firm up...and forgot about them! They are so small and were stacked behind so much stuff I forgot they were in there. Well this morning I caught sight of them and decided it was HIGH TIME to put one to the test :)

HERE  is where you can view the full line-up of crazy peanut spread creations.

 I dipped a slice of Ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread in egg whites and fried it up french toast style. I haven't been really sure just how I am going to use the spreads since they are such unique flavors, but I figured french toast was a good place to start! Cookies and Cream was my flavor of choice and I spread it on. It was awfully hard from being in the fridge but melted really nice and smooth on my hot french toast. See that lovely pocket of cookies and cream below?
 Served with a TBS of real maple syrup and more of my juicy raspberries. Probably only a tsp of the spread was used. Since the jars are so little (the 3 stack up about to the size of a regular jar) I really want to "spread" out their use ;) (pun intended)
 The verdict on the cookies and cream? Incredible. It was so delicious, it really was! I don't know if I would buy more when I use these up (I am planning for them to last a long time!) but I really enjoyed this flavor. I can't wait to try the others though I am not sure what I will use as a vehicle for them, any ideas? I wouldn't be surprised if they got eaten straight up on spoons as evening snacks knowing me...

I <3 this breakfast!!

Did 30 minutes on the gazelle and am much less sore this morning! Though my right arm has a really sore area that only hurts when I fully extend the arm... Hoping it's up for some weights today because I am planning on doing a Shred at nap-time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment