September 29, 2012

JUST A SATURDAY BIRTHDAY AFTERNOON

Saturday Afternoon

Though I am somewhat bemoaning not being on exercise equipment in the gym, I am SO GLAD I was able to get outdoor activity in today!! It is THE consummate fall day out, just perfection :) Mom and I went on a long hour (plus a little?) walk on the Greenway today and though we started out in jackets and sweatshirts it wasn't long before we shed them. No wind, no clouds, gorgeous blue skies and changing trees. Nothing to complain about! Also my leg did not hurt one bit on the whole walk!! I was aching to test it out by jogging a bit, but refrained to allow it to fully heal.

Once Zach got home from soccer (his girl's last regular season game- the regular season is already over!!) we ventured out for lunch. Noodles and Company was our choice for being one of the only places with more healthful options. As you have heard me say so often before. I got the Med salad and a Thai Curry soup.
I was supposed to get a small salad and they brought me a regular! Luckily Zach helped me eat it :)

After lunch Mom took me shopping and bought me a dress, which I will be wearing for dinner tonight :) Then we went to Tonne winery and shared a bottle of Traminette on the patio.
 I also had world's-largest-grasshopper try to off me by flying into my neck...
 Don't be fooled, half of his body is shoved down in the sidewalk for some odd reason.

A great afternoon to do so! So far it has been a wonderful birthday day with Mom and I can't wait for tonight!!!

Side note #1: I FINISHED MY PUZZLE!!! Finally :)
Side note #2: I found the "Zach doll"
Let's see if he can spot where he hides next....

No comments:

Post a Comment