May 19, 2012

29:44

Saturday Morning


I don't like spending the night alone :( Glad that's over! I lay my head down on my pillow last night and THUNK! Looked under said pillow and...surprise! A gift + note from my sweet husband :) Technically it's a gift for me AND for all of you, since it will help add variety to my meal appearances, can't wait to actually use it!!


Know what my forecast is today? SUNNY WITH A HIGH OF 83!!! Which is why this afternoon will be spent at the pool :D But first I had to earn it...

So this morning I woke up feeling rather bereft at not having a race to run. The past two Saturdays have been filled with race-day excitement and I missed that feeling. I also liked having a 3.1 mile workout under my belt to start the day so as to not have a workout to fit in somewhere in a busy afternoon.

So, I ran a race! Okay, so it was just me against...myself...on a treadmill at the Y... but I want to keep my running legs up and think I should probably do this at least once a week.

Before I headed to the gym I had a banana for fuel.
Inhaled this thing and then hoped furiously that I didn't eat it too fast or have too much before my run!

It was a great, sweaty run! Ended in 29:44 so I shaved another 8 seconds off my time from last week :)

Now off to the Farmer's Market for the first time this year with my Mother-in-law! HOORAY FRESH PRODUCE (and local ;) )

Happy Saturday!


....and an hour and a half later....
I'm back! Vicki (my mother-in-law) and I parked at my parent's house and walked the mile to our local Farmer's Market. She had bought me the most adorable basket for my produce!
First market of the season!! 
 Unfortunately it's still a bit early around here for produce, but there were lots of plants and baked goods to ogle!



 We happened across a booth called Arborshire Enterprises with a variety of things that had samples!! Gotta love samples :) We tried a bit of toffee...
 Of which Vicki bought some. Then some sweet & salty snack mix...
 Of which I bought some! Great tasting, great quality, great ingredients :)
 Bought this banana bread muffin to continue on my banana theme for the second half of my breakfast:

 It was tasty but a little dry. I was feeling pretty hungry after my run, but only ate half of this because I filled up fast!
 Our haul: in my green basket I did come away with some kale and a nero radish along with the sweet and salty snack mix and my banana muffin. Vicki bought a lot more!!
 We walked the mile back to Mom and Dad's (so got 2 miles of walking in!) and Vicki traded me a couple pieces of the toffee for a bit of my snack mix so I had one more small square while blogging.

Mmmm :)

Successful morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment