May 1, 2012

PIZZA AGAIN?!

Tuesday Afternoon: 5/1/12


I know, I know. I made rustic pizza for dinner two nights ago. Had a leftover slice with last night's dinner. Now am I eating it again? Not quite (although it is delicious enough I would not mind!) No, for lunch I am having a different form of pizza; you've seen it before- Portobello Pizza!

After scraping the slightly creepy frills out of the giant mushroom cap, I spritzed the mushroom and some broccoli with olive oil. I have a Misto that gets used more often than my toothbrush! (Don't worry, that means more than twice a day) You fill this little bottle up with olive oil and pump it to pressurize it so that it comes out in a spray. No more wasting all the aluminum cans that cooking spray comes in and it's a great way to get flavor without all the fat (yes, olive oil is a healthier fat but still needs to be used sparingly!)
After a few minutes under the broiler for the veggies, I put a tiny bit of pesto on the mushroom (another one of those little-goes-a-long-way things) and a couple TBS that I had left of my home-made tomato sauce from Sunday's pizza. Piled on the broccoli and a little bit of FF Mozz. cheese. (Pre-cheese picture)
Put this under the broiler just until the cheese got melty and then ate it with a bowl of three strawberries + 1/2 a banana
Strawberries and banana are such a perfect combination!! Like peanut butter and jelly or me and a Lord of the Rings movie!
Such a satisfying meal :)

Naptime workout was the Tone It Up Best Abs Circuit two times through. My abs are not happy with me right now, but surely they will thank me when they get over the pain.

We have a triple date tonight to play cards with friends (going to attempt to teach them hand and foot!) but Zach and I are having dinner at home first and wait til you see what we are cooking up!
No, seriously, wait and see because I have no idea yet...


No comments:

Post a Comment