May 26, 2012

FRENCH PICNIC

Saturday Afternoon

Are you sensing a French theme...?

Good news: I shed a week’s worth of sweat!! Definitely did some detoxifying today :)
Heather and John took us to House Mountain and the four of us troopers did a 4 1/2 mile hike in 92 degree weather straight up the side of a mountain!! 

The view was completely worth it. As was the picnic we packed! When we got to the top of House Mountain and could see clear across the state of Tennessee we unloaded our massive French feast. This was not your momma’s chips + PBJ bag lunch ;)
Heather and John






 The spread:
Two types of fancy bread- Italian loaf and an Herb Flatbread.
Four types of fancy cheese- Chevre de France four peppers fresh goat’s milk, Beemster Classic Gouda, Tuscan Sun (a sun-dried tomato) and a Provolone. 
Fruit-peaches and black raspberries
Jam-convinced everyone we couldn’t live without Crofter’s :) So we picked up a new flavor, Pomegranate!
Wine-Cabernet Sauvignon

 My hiking workout was significantly increased by carrying the bag containing our massive bottle of Cab, whew! I had about 3oz. in this oh-so-classy plastic Kool-aid glass :D


I had some of everything and it was all SO. GOOD. Oh my this new flavor of Crofters rivals the raspberry! The herb flatbread was incredible and I am lamenting the fact that I can’t get it in Muncie. The fruit was juicy, fresh and delicious. And cheese. Can’t ever go wrong with cheese! The provolone and chevre were especially big hits!
We enjoyed our picnic with the finest view you could ask for and I deem this the best picnic ever!!!
After a sweaty hike back down we were ready for our reward, the special package I picked up from French Market this morning...MACAROONS IMPORTED FROM FRANCE!!! 
I think macaroons are beautiful and adorable and I had never, ever tried one. We got a pack of six and shared each one four ways (best way to do it!) Our flavors were vanilla, coffee, lemon, pistachio, dark chocolate and raspberry.


The verdict? What do YOU think I am gonna say...? They were awesome!!! (Betcha didn’t know that was coming right?) I love macaroons and will now be getting them at any opportunity. YUM.
Headed back to the house to guzzle water and shower and continue on with our exciting day!!!


























No comments:

Post a Comment