May 21, 2012

MEATBALLS MY WAY

Monday Evening


Workout- Monday evenings are manic! (Both my schedule and the amount of people at the Y.) Always have to be fast, so tonight was just 30 minutes on the treadmill at an incline (299 cal. burned). I was BEAT tonight, blaming it on the ZWOW!

Weight: 118.1

The crock pot is my best friend when I am pressed for time in the evening. Tonight's dinner was ready just minutes after I got home from the gym thanks to my hand-dandy slow cooker!!

On the menu was a classic - Spaghetti and Meatballs from "Fix-It and Forget-It Slow-Cooker Magic"

Their recipe has you making your own meatballs with beef, but instead I bought Original Brat Hans Pesto Parmesan chicken meatballs. Not only is the nutritional info on these fantastic, but their chicken has such high standards! Natural chickens that are 100% vegetarian fed with NO hormones, NO antibiotics, NO preservatives, NO artificial anything; that is the way to buy meat!

During nap-time the following went into the crockpot:
-28 oz. can tomato puree
-6 oz. can tomato paste
-1/2 cup grated (real) parmesan cheese
-1tsp EVOO
-1 minced garlic clove

Stirred it all together and let it set for the next 4 hours (making my house smell heavenly I might add!)
After 4 hours I added the whole package of meatballs and a whole bunch of sliced mushrooms. Then let set for 2 more hours.

When I got home from the gym all I had to do was cook up a pot of whole wheat spaghetti and throw together some spinach side salads. Done and Done!
 My salad had more of that juicy heirloom tomato, diced carrots, green pepper and a bit of lite-Italian dressing.

Topped with grated parmesan cheese and it was all heavenly! Such a delicious dinner and those chicken meatballs were a winner!!

{Edited to add}
When you want something sweet, but not a big, heavy snack- have a tsp of PB (on my baby spoon)! White Chocolate Wonderful to be precise ;)

1 comment:

  1. it was just as good as leftovers! ;) yumm so nice to be working out with you and eating things that don't make me feel guilty! ur the best! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete