May 31, 2012

FISH FOR ME

Thursday Evening


Workout: Kind of run-down tonight. I have been feeling like I am fighting a cold so I took it a little easier tonight. Did a leg machine (more thigh work today!) and the treadmill at an incline for 20 minutes (265 calories burned).

Weight: 117.1

Dinner For One

Well, I made enough dinner for two...or four... But Zach is getting home late and even though Hillary came over to hang out tonight, she brought her own dinner because she didn't want what I was fixing! Haha!

I am so sorry to tell you I couldn't find the recipe online anywhere to link up to and since it's from my "Better Homes and Gardens: Easy Dinners, Healthy Recipes" cookbook I am not at liberty to pass out exact measurements. I will give you the gist though!

Crispy Orange Roughy with Dilled Yogurt Sauce
(Although I used tilapia instead of orange roughy because that's what I had on hand!)

I had three different bowls set up for dipping the fish in:
Bowl One: cornmeal, thyme and lemon-pepper seasoning
Bowl Two: egg whites and water

Bowl Three: bread crumbs, wheat germ, parsley and paprika
Dipped the fish into bowl 1, then bowl 2, then bowl 3 and then baked them in the oven until flaky. Honestly I don't know why you dip it in the cornmeal mixture then the egg mixture because all the cornmeal washed off basically...

Prepared a yogurt sauce with FAGE, lemon yogurt, dill and hot pepper sauce. I was unsure about being able to find a fat-free lemon yogurt, but Chobani to the rescue!
I had actually never had Chobani, but have seen other food bloggers rave about it. After making the sauce I ate the last four bites out of the container and I thought it was great! Still a bit higher in sugar than I would prefer, but overall really good!

Served with some lemon wedges (leftover from last night's lemon!) and topped with the sauce.
Made up a side dish of brussels sprouts by tossing them in EVOO and sea salt then roasting in the oven at 450 degrees until cooked. Served with organic ketchup!
Great dinner! The fish was really nice, especially with the sauce. Without the sauce it may have been a bit  too dry but with it was delicious. And brussels sprouts are always welcome in my house!!

Now Hillary and I are hanging out this evening which involves hopefully finding a pair of black high heels + a cross-body bag both for Hawaii and moving on in her exposure to the Harry Potter films. Tonight: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (my favorite one!) :D

I did decide to end up having a snack tonight. Had a banana that the top basically fell off of so I decided it had to be eaten now ;)

I created something I have had in mind for awhile- a Chocolate Banana Boat!!
I simply slit open a banana and stuffed it with a TBS and a half of vegan carob chips then baked it in the oven until melted.
Served with a tsp of white chocolate wonderful and it was wonderful indeed! Fantastic snack :)
Back to Harry Potter now!

No comments:

Post a Comment