May 30, 2012

BEST BOWL

Wednesday Morning


Booty Call: 30 minutes on the gazelle

I have been thinking about making oatmeal for days upon days and woke up this morning ready to do it!

Into the pot:
-1/3 cup rolled oats
-1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
-1/4 cup water
-1/2 banana
-pinch of salt

Cooked it all until the banana was whipped in and the oats were thick and creamy- then came the best part: TOPPINGS!! :)

I may have went a teensy bit overboard...but it created the best bowl of oats I have ever had!!!
-splash of vanilla
-TBS flaxseed
-TBS TJ's valencia PB (not pictured)
-several dashes of cinnamon
-tiny handful raisins
-1/2 TBS of the sweet and salty mix I picked up from the Farmer's Market a couple weekends ago
-other half of the banana
-bit of white chocolate wonderful on the baby spoon for dipping :)




This was sooo good!! I really love that sweet and salty mix- perfect topping with the PB! I will have to get more when I run out. Also the whipped banana in the oatmeal makes the bowl so sweet and fluffy with marshmallowy bites of banana. By the time the bowl was finished my mouth wanted to keep eating more because it was just so great and my stomach was begging me to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment