May 11, 2012

CARBO LOADING SALAD

Friday Evening


Gym

Par for the course with a race in the AM I took it pretty easy at the gym tonight. I didn't have a ton of time and didn't want to waste a ton of energy so I set a quick goal for myself. Said I had to burn 300 calories and needed to split them up: 100 on treadmill, 100 on elliptical and 100 on the arc trainer. So that's exactly what I did!

I like to utilize all the cardio machines at different intensities to keep my body guessing so I don't fall into a rut!

Weight: 117.2!!! Was so thrilled to see this tonight! I checked my food journals and the last time I weighed 117 was January 18th... Since I started this blog just over 3 weeks ago I have lost 5 1/2 lbs!! I am so very pleased. You know even if no one reads this besides my husband, my mother and my best friend I feel this blog has been sooo beneficial in keeping me aware and accountable. Even if it's only for me and the sake of my health I am keeping this up!

Dinner with Leah

Leah and I had decided to hit up somewhere with pasta to do a bit of carbo-loading for the race. Unfortunately as I often mention Muncie doesn't have exactly a wealth of local, health-food restaurants (read: virtually none). Take your pick of any chain you want but please don't ask for organic. So being left with pasta choices of Olive Garden, Fazolis and Johnny Carinos we chose the one thing I can count on to be more nutritionally sound- Noodles and Co!

I ordered regular sized Med Salad with shrimp. The Med has cavatappi noodles in it so I get my bit of carbs and my veggie load all in one!

What's in the Med?
-Romaine
-Mixed Greens
-Tomato
-Cucumbers
-Red onion
-Kalmata olives
-Cavatappi pasta
-Spicy yogurt dressing
-Feta
(and shrimp if you are me!)
This was one filling salad! And I ate every bite :) Soo I should be good and race ready right?

Hoping to beat my time from last Saturday's 5K which was 30:19 but our course is rumored to be hilly so we'll see!

After dinner settled some Leah and I were off to, where else?, IY!! Tonight's fat-free, sugar-free flavor was caramel so I got a kid's cup of that and it was delicious :)
Not much time left in the evening now before we head off to bed to dream of fast feet and the shopping we get to treat ourselves to after :D

Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment