May 23, 2012

FUSION JAPANESE

Wednesday Evening


Boy was I GLAD to be done with work today. Often times I think Wednesdays are one of my most hectic days. But at least now I am over half-way through the week and closer to the week-end!

Gym time was short and sweet tonight because exercise was being incorporated into our evening plans :)
Did 20 fierce minutes on the arc trainer (270 calories burned) and got the heck out of there!!

Weight: 116.6

Dinner Date

We wanted to work for our dinner tonight so we parked a little over a mile away from our restaurant. It was such a hot, beautiful day today- perfect for being outdoors!! Our designated dinner spot was on the Ball State (our local university) campus on a strip called "the Village." 

Could anyone guess what I was craving??

SUSHI!!! I loooooove me some sushi. It's funny because a little over two years ago I wouldn't say I disliked it, I just really had no experience with it. Now though I have to have sushi quite frequently to keep me happy. I like all kinds. Seriously. Give me anything and I'll eat it.

Our restaurant, Fusion Japanese, is a fun little place with a neat vibe that makes the best only sushi in Muncie. Fortunately it's good :) Started off with a glass of chardonnay (not too great unfortunately.)

You don't order a roll for yourself. (At least that is not allowed if you are dining with ME!) Everything must be shared!!! After much deliberation Christine and I settled on an asparagus roll and a geisha roll. They came with little cute (and tasty!) bowls of miso soup.
 Then out came our sushi- yessss!
 I had three of the asparagus roll slices and three of the geisha roll slices (the middle pieces, not the super fried end pieces ;) )
 Next we headed to have a drink outdoors on a patio- such a nice evening for it!!
Cranberry and vodka, X2!
 My lovely best friend!
 What in the world will I do when she moves away?!? :(
Then we began the mile + walk back to the car (over 2 miles of walking = exercise without feeling like exercise!!)
 Our campus bell tower by dusk, quite romantical (I don't care if that's not a word!)
 We made a stop at the "famous' Frog Baby fountain to make some wishes with pennies
For some reason my wish making resembles shooting a bow and arrow...
 Making final wishes together...
 Me and Frog Baby

















 Ended the night with a kid's vanilla fro yo w/ PB cups and PB topping. Any idea how tough it was for me not to order the PB Nut Cup Sundae (that's probably a good 600 more calories)?! Let me tell you, it was tough!!! But I think I made the better choice ;)
GOODnight!! I am beat and off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment