May 13, 2012

SUCCESS!

Sunday Evening


Finally, some food success :)
First off, this afternoon:
Zach decided I needed some liquid refreshment after our dismal lunch and handed me a 4oz. pour of riesling which I enjoyed outside in our comfy chair while my husband had a brew.
Then we went for a 30 minute walk around our neighborhood to combine exercise and socializing all into one!

We took my parents to a restaurant called Cooper's Hawk for dinner. Cooper's Hawk is not only a restaurant, but a winery! So we arrived early and all did a wine tasting first!

We were served small (about 1 oz?) pours of many types of wine. I had 9 pours this size.









They were all fantastic and we had such a fun time sampling!









When there is a ball-game on... :)


My family is the best :)

At dinner we were served this delicious pretzel bread of which I had a slice and a bite
We got a sparkling wine flight of which we all shared sips
Cooper's Hawk had a menu called the "Life Balance" menu where every item was under 600 calories. Every restaurant should have options like this!!! I ordered the Roasted Eggplant Ravioli: Slow-Roasted Vegetable Ravioli Stuffed with Eggplant, Squash, Zucchini, Red Onion, and Mozzarella Cheese with Artichokes, Kalamata Olives, and San Marzano Tomato Sauce, Topped with Basil and Creamy Goat Cheese. 
Hard to believe this was under 600 cal! Of course I shared multiple bites of this to trade for bites off of my family members plates...

 mmmm :)

Mom's lobster tail was especially good ;)
 It really was quite a lovely Mother's Day!


I was super craving dessert tonight. Our restaurant had INCREDIBLE looking desserts but I was too full/didn't want to spend the money to get one there. I was determined to get a big 'ol sundae from IY when we got back to Muncie but I ultimately decided that it was unnecessary to consume that many calories this late in the evening. 


Trust me when I tell you it was a quite a big deal for ME to choose not to get dessert from IY when I had already decided I was. :) Instead I settled for a tsp. of white chocolate wonderful with some chocolate chips, a tasty compromise.


I hope your Mother's Day festivities were spent with the ones you love most and were filled with good eats and good fun!

1 comment:

  1. Mine was definitely spent with the people I love most and EXCELLENT food. Thank-you Jordan!!

    ReplyDelete