May 31, 2012

HOT PLATE

Thursday Morning


What is my deal? As the hottest season of the year approaches I start craving hot fruit? Isn't this the time everyone wants a nice COLD bowl of fruit? Well apparently I go against the norm...

So after grilled peaches last night my warm fruit trend continued this morning with a broiled grapefruit! I put a tsp. of brown sugar on top with a couple teensy drops of butter. Then stuck it under the broiler for a few minutes until crystalized on top.
 Tried a new creation as well today, another hot dish- french toast! (kind of) I dipped a slice of Ezekiel cinnamon raisin bread in a bit of egg whites and cooked it on the stove top.
 Topped the toast with a tiny spread of PB and a drizzle of maple syrup
 The grapefruit was good, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't anything SPECIAL. No better really than eating it normally with some Truvia on top.
 The french toast on the other hand? Amazing :)



Did my routine 30 minutes on the gazelle and am ready to take on my Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment